Back in the late 70's, I took a 50 minute flight to Nisku, Alberta on a 747 to meet my DH and spend the weekend together. Besides being 5 miles from Edmonton's International Airport, Nisku was then a wide spot in the freeway where people in the oil patch accumulated at the beginning or end of their weeks in the field.
Anyways, there were only 7 passengers on this huge airplane. So when only 4 of us were getting off I asked the flight attendant where the plane was continuing to. Amsterdam! Okay! How do I stay on the plane and continue to Amsterdam?! Ever since then it has been in the back of my mind to jet set to Amsterdam for the day.
Okay, so Ottawa's not Amsterdam, BUT, what indescribable fun it was to fly there, tour for 4 hours and fly home.
- fly to Ottawa;
- 20 minute bus ride to downtown - buses have their own bus only road system;
- picture of my initials on ornament in Fairmont Chateau Laurier
- walk across the Rideau Canal - getting ready for winter Rideau Canal Skateway; (Note to bucket list: skate down the Rideau Canal)
- visit Canada's Parliament Hill
- purchase souvenir key chains for Christmas ornaments
- fly home to Lucky.
|Welcome to Ottawa|
|Initial Ornament||Rideau Canal|
|Canada's Parliament Hill|
+5 and raining
|Souvenir Key Chain|
"and where have you been?"