Remember the Beginning ...
The Middle ...
|The UV Protection light turquoise and gray-green fabric hanging are being auditioned for curtains for the fabric shelves.|
Tips for when you decide to take on the undaunting and extremely rewarding task of organizing your sewing room:
- Tell someone, even if it is blogged. This is for accountability.
- Take before pictures - Yes, it is embarrassing but at the completion of the process it is extremely rewarding to see what you have accomplished.
- Very Important: Clean up all paper, flatten cardboard boxes, stack containers and vacuum - yes, vacuum - when you finish for the day. Nothing is more fulfilling that day than the feeling you will have when you recycled or garbaged stuff.
- Do what you can the first day or even week while you have the incentive and steam to pursue this task.
- Now you have run out of steam and are getting discourage that you will never finish, set a timer for 15-30 minutes each time you organize your room. When time is up and you want to continue because you are on a roll, do it!
- Who's stupidest idea was this? Where did it all come from? You definitely cannot see the tables, counters and floor any more. Remember it will get worse before it gets better.
- Do not feel like working on the room. Then Don't! When I planned to be done in 1 month my friends laughed. It took me 4 months.
- There will be little surprizes along the way, ie finding forgotten quilt projects, finding tools or patterns or even a favourite thing that you thought was long gone. Cherish these moments as it will bring a smile your face.
- Ahhh, you can see a light at the end of the tunnel! Now all the little nitty gritty things surface. Again it is surprizing how long it takes to organize the little nitty gritty things. Sometimes as long as it took to do the large things.
- That incentive and steam at the beginning comes back. Do what you can until... review tips 3 thru 8.
- Before you know it YOU ARE ORGANIZED!
- Take after pictures. You will have a smile from ear to ear and wonder how quilting happened in this room.